Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Itinerary

Hello All. Final packing as we speak.

March 3: Car ride to New Haven, CT
MertroNorth Rail to NYC

March 4: Epic Subway ride to JFK
10:35pm flight to Doha, Qatar

March 6: Arrive Bangkok, Thailand 7:30am
I'm not sure what happened to March 5th, I would say it has to do with the theory of relativity.

The bags are way too heavy. Ideally, there will be 3 small carry-ons and if not I'll have to check the lighting bag full of expensive stuff. I feel better now that all the camera stuff is insured. Sometime along the way, I'll post a picture (by request) of what all my stuff looks like.

Today's first picture is some passport pictures I made. You need a couple when crossing the border into Cambodia, I believe. Shoot thru umbrella camera left, window light from camera right. ISO 1600; f/6.3; 1/50s. My mother, who is a bit nervous about this whole thing, said that I look 'like a terrorist'. I think she meant in the nicest way possible.
This picture is a compilation of self-portraits I made using a gelled strobe shooting through different glass items to light the background wall. I had ma cut these up so I could give them to little kids so they'll like me and let me photograph them. Stay tuned to see if it works. Don't worry, I don't plan to post any more self-portraits. It should get better.
This fascinating collectors item was printed in a limited edition of 54. Time to buzz my head and put my stuff in a bag. Happy trails.

No comments: