Sunday, March 15, 2009

On The Move Again

Heading off to the train station for the long ride back to Bangkok. I'll get another train from there and go toward the south of Thailand for further adventure, many including the ocean. The best way would be to grab a quick flight, but I'm doing it the economy way and I'll rest up and do some reading.

Yesterday and today I rode around with a good friend on a rented motorbike. We cruised north from Chiang Mai, had an awesome walk in the 20-acre garden/pond at the Four Seasons, then checked out the temple in some small town and had some good street food. The motorbike was a ton of fun to drive and ride. It's too bad I'm not writing more stories, but living the stories is really much better than sitting at the computer. I'll see what I can do though.

Before I took off on my bike trip cross country, I bought a little jar of Tiger Balm from an Asian store in New York City. The salesman told me: "This is for EVERYTHING!" This morning I shaved with one of the disposable razors I found in my parents' bathroom. It only has one blade, which is unreasonable. I'm used to taking one stroke and having the razor take three. Anyway, after the shave I was in need of some sort of aftershave, which I did not have. I used a small dose of Tiger Balm and, as promised, it worked. It also worked on my eyeballs a moment later when I put my contact lenses in.

See you in a couple days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These updates are a great comfort, knowing that you are thriving, despite the heat. I loved reading about the train ride. love ma

MichPo said...

i always wanted to know what tiger balm was.