Monday, March 9, 2009

It's very hot here. I guess there are 3 seasons: hot, very hot and rainy. I dunno where we are right now, but it will get hotter every day until it becomes rainy. I meant for today to be a rest day but I found myself out walking like crazy again in the hot sun.

Hey Perati,
I went to the Grand Palace today and I'm glad I did. It was spectacular. I'm too fried by the sun at this point to conjure the appropriate vocabulary, but I'll just say that leaving Bangkok without going would've been a giant mistake. Is there anything else like it in Asia? I'm guessing there is, and I'd like to go there, too. Then I walked from there to the river taxi(which I love) and I had the palace I had just seen on my right and another palace on my left. What is that palace? Is that the Grand Palace or more of the Grand Palace or something else? Anyway, thanks for the nudge and for the other suggestions. I'm gonna check them out when I get back to Bangkok.

Update: I will be flying over to India in the middle of April. I have had the priveledge of being invited to a wedding which will include 3 days of events and ceremonies. I'll be there about 8 days. I do plan to change the subtitle of the blog, but not right now. It will probably end up saying Laos as well.

I'm getting ready for a night-train ride up to Chiang Mai for 5 days. The middle three days will be a jungle trek with 8 of us and 2 guides. It should be somewhat of a reprieve from the heat.

Tons of blogworthy things happen and when I sit at the screen I forget them all. Note to self: make more notes to self.

No pic today even though I probably got a couple good ones. Write me some notes, let me know what's going at home with yourselves or with the news.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you're my hero!! So adventurous...I love reading your blog. It seems like your really enjoying yourself!! Kudos to you...

Unknown said...

I need more stuff to read while I'm in class to waste the time away! Sounds like you are having an awesome time and experiencing some unique things. Hope you keep enjoying the trip, although I know you will. Dan and I miss our only friend (!!) so come back soon! Talk to yas -KEK

Max said...

@haf
Thanks a lot, glad you enjoy it.

Unknown said...

We all miss you. It's just not the same.