Friday, March 6, 2009

One More Flight

Greetings all, from the airport in Qatar. Pronounciation seems to be like 'cotter' instead of 'cutter' or 'kuh-tar'.

It was a pleasant 11-hour flight from JFK to Qatar. It was a light crowd on the behemouth that is a 777 but unfortunately I was not one of the roughly 1 in 3 people who had a row to themself. They served dinner even though the flight departed at 10:30pm. I had lamb ragout with potatoes, peas and carrots. Delicious. Near the end of Slumdog Millionaire, which I viewed for the second time on Demand on the plane's fantastic entertainment system, I swallowed two Tylenol PM with the last sip of my second mini bottle of Chilean wine. This cocktail knocked me out for a while. I was amidst a vivid dream about being back in prep school when I rousted by the food cart. They were handing out water and small raquetball sized cartons of Ben + Jerry's chocolate fudge ice cream. It hit the spot for my more than dry mouth.

Most of my air travel has been on something smaller than a 777 and I found the turbulence to be different. It was more like being shaken around by a large gorilla than the driving over a washboard feeling of turbulence in a smaller plane.

Thanks to Samsung for the free internet station here.

No picture from me today. Check out Taghi Naderzad, NYC/Int'l commercial photographer. I had the priveledge of sitting down for a cup of coffee/tea with this awesome guy yesterday and it was a nice time.

I'll be hanging out with Dan Vetere around Bangkok all weekend. Cheers.

No comments: